/KASE, November 7, 2022/ – Sovereign Wealth Fund "Samruk-Kazyna" JSC (Astana)
has provided Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) with the following press release
dated November 7, 2022:
Confirmation of key aspects of the planned Offer
- The planned KMG IPO is carried out as part of the implementation of the
Comprehensive Privatization Plan for 2021-2025, approved by the
Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- The Fund intends to offer Shares to Kazakhstani and international retail and
institutional investors on Kazakhstani platforms of the AIX and the Kazakhstan
Stock Exchange (hereinafter – KASE) in accordance with the rules and
regulations of the AIX and the KASE.
- Currently, the Fund owns 90.42% of all issued and outstanding ordinary
Shares. As part of the Offer, the Fund intends to offer up to 30,505,974
Shares for sale, which represents up to 5% of the total number of issued
and placed Shares (in the amount of 610,119,493 pcs). Following the Offer,
the Fund will own at least 85% of the total Shares.
- KMG does not plan to sell (place) Shares as part of the Offer and will not
receive any proceeds from the Fund’s sale of Shares as a result of the IPO.
- The price per Share for the purposes of the Offer is KZT 8,406, assuming a
capitalization of KZT 5.1 trillion.
- Admission of Shares to the official list of the AIX with the "KMG" trading
symbol is expected on December 7, 2022, and the admission to trading on
the AIX is expected on December 8, 2022.
- KMG ordinary shares are already included in the official list of the KASE
with "KMGZ" trading symbol.
- Current shareholders of KMG, the Fund and the National Bank of
Kazakhstan, will not be allowed during a 180-day lock-up period to sell or
otherwise alienate Shares with certain generally accepted exceptions in
- Acceptance of investor applications will begin on November 9, 2022, at
12:00 (Astana time) and will end for institutional investors on November 30,
2022, at 06:00 pm (Astana time), and for retail investors – on December 2,
2022, at 03:00 pm (Astana time).
- The roadshow with participation of the representatives of KMG and the Fund
is planned to start on November 9, 2022, or in the time nearest to this date.
- BCC Invest JSC, Freedom Broker JSC, Halyk Finance JSC and SkyBridge
Invest JSC are joint coordinators and bookrunners of the Offer.
- For purposes of the Offer, KMG prepared a Prospectus in English, which
was approved by the AIX on November 7, 2022. KMG arranged for the
translation of the Prospectus into Kazakh and Russian. The translation of
the Prospectus into Kazakh and Russian and/or other languages was not
verified or approved by the AIX. If in doubt, you should rely on the version
of the Prospectus in English. The Prospectus in English, Kazakh and Russian
will be made available for review inspection on the KMG website at the link:
and the website of JSC Sovereign Wealth Fund "Samruk-Kazyna"
at the link: http://www.sk.kz.
The complete press release is available on –