KASE NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMPOSITION ELECTED ON SHAREHOLDERS ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING ON JUNE 28
/KASE, June 29, 10/ - Kazakhstan Stock Exchange (KASE) informs that on
June 28, 2010 it held shareholders annual general meeting has been elected the
new KASE Board of Directors composition with 3 years term of office in the
number of 15 people.
The elected composition of Exchange Board of Directors has the structure below:
- three representatives of government agencies - the Agency of the Republic of
Kazakhstan on Regulation and Supervision of Financial Market and Financial
Organizations (by act of law), the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan on
Regulation of Activities of the Regional Financial Center of Almaty (by act of
law), the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan (according to the KASE
- 6 representatives of KASE shareholders;
- 5 independent directors;
- the Exchange President (ex officio, according to the KASE charter) at present
- K. Damitov.
By the KASE shareholders annual general meeting as the Exchange Board of
Directors members, representing KASE shareholders interests out of 13
candidates were elected:
1. S. Ainabaeva - Chairman of Kazkommerts Securities Managing Board
(subsidiary of Kazkommertsbank);
2. T. Kamarov - Managing Director of Centras Securities;
3. D. Karabaev - Deputy Chairman of Halyk Savings Bank of Kazakhstan
4. V. Kyshpanakov - Deputy Chairman of BCC Invest (subsidiary of Bank
5. F. Tasbolat - Deputy Chairman of the Regional Financial Center of Almaty
6. O. Tsurkan - Managing Director of BTA Bank.
KASE independent directors were elected out of 10 candidates:
1. T. Abdukhalokov - Deputy Chairman of Eurasian Bank Managing Board;
2. A. Alpamyssov Deputy Chairman of Kazyna Capital Management Managing
3. Z. Berdalina - Senior Advisor of KPMG in Kazakhstan and Central Asia;
4. Z. Kurmanov - the Board of Directors member of Kazakhstan Deposits
Guarantee Fund, the Board of Directors member of Zhilstroisberbank
5. M. Tashmetov - Managing Director - Director of Centras Securities Assets
The previous Exchange Board of Directors was elected in 2008 in the number of
15 people with term of office expired at the KASE shareholders annual general
meeting held on June 28, 2010.
At present KASE is expecting an official information from government agencies
on list of names their representatives in the Exchange Board of Directors.