in Accordance with the Criteria of Sustainability, Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance" as part of the UN Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative (SSE Initiative).
KASE presented an updated Methodology for Compiling Report on Environmental, Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance Criteria at the event - Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG Report), which was developed by the Exchange with the support of the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
The Methodology is a guide for compiling the ESG Report, which aims to help shape appropriate corporate governance and risk management systems in the companies, improve investment climate in Kazakhstan, including enhancing the attractiveness of companies to foreign investors, ensuring long-term sustainable investment and improving disclosure.
There were the following speakers at the event:
- Natalya Khoroshevskaya, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board;
- Adalyat Abdumanapova, Coordinator of the Corporate Governance Project in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Albania and Kosovo of the International Finance Corporation (IFC);
- Viktor Litvinov, Director of the KASE Monitoring Department;
- Victoria Mironova, Senior Advisor of IFC on Environmental and Social Risk Assessment;
- Viktor Kovalenko, Head of Sustainability and Clean Technology Services Department in Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Belarus, Ernst & Young;
- Adil Mamazhanov, CEO of Expert RA Kazakhstan.
KASE joined the UN SSE Initiative on September 24, 2015, committing to develop and implement the Methodology for compiling ESG reporting for listed companies and KASE members. The Methodology was developed by KASE with the support of the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
- ESG reporting methodology: turning formality into an advantage (in Russian)
- Introduction of international standards for environmental and social sustainability: IFC standards (in Russian)
- Rating ESG: new reality in building relationships with investors (in Russian)
- Rating ESG: new reality in building relationships with investors
- Do your non-financial results reflect real value for investors? (in Russian)
- IFC Toolkit for Disclosure & Transparency